The Kids Are Priority One Coalition is led by six not-for-profit organizations located in Vermont:
- Mama Says is a community network committed to improving the lives of families by providing support through education, communication and advocacy.
- Vermont Family Network offers a variety of programs and services that support families who have children with special needs.
- Vermont Association for the Education of Young Children is the state affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the nation's largest membership organization of early childhood professionals. Membership includes but is not limited to teachers, directors, family home care providers, elementary school teachers, administrators, special educators, Head Start staff, representatives of post- secondary education, government agency representatives, parents and members of the medical profession.
- Vermont Child Care Industry and Careers Council: VCCICC's mission is to support Vermont's children, families, communities, schools and businesses by promoting the highest quality child care for young and school age children through the recruitment, development, mentoring and retention of qualified child care professionals, including oversight of the Vermont Child Care Apprenticeship Program.
- Voices for Vermont's Children is Vermont's statewide, not-for-profit child and youth advocacy organization. It promotes public policy that enhances the lives of children and youth in Vermont.
- Windham Child Care Association, located in southeastern Vermont, is one of the state’s twelve child care resource and referral agencies. Its mission is to provide support, resources and training to early childhood professionals; to help parents identify, locate and pay for high-quality child care; and to advocate for improvements in the early care and education system.